Trading Simulation; International Crude Oil & Gas Products Market Trading
With the global oil and gas markets being subject to extreme volatility and change due to a series of geopolitical events, this is the ideal time and opportunity to understand the drivers of oil and gas price movements and tools at your disposal to protect against and trade around your organisations market position.
This one-week training is divided into five (5) units that align with good trading practices framework. The course is delivered by a highly experienced trainer who will provide a guide on the methods used to maximise the performance of oil and gas trading using a complex and real-life scenario.
- Trading crude oil
- Products and gas trading
- Contracts and risk management
- Risk and exposure management
- Performance and credit
- Using the paper derivative markets
- Shipping: crude oil pricing and moving oil & gas from A to B
- Chartering and freight
- Storage valuation and optimisation
- Storage optimisation simulation
Upon completion of this training participants will be able to:
- Develop analytical skills and be able to review crude oil supply, demand and gas products
- Become familiar with trading techniques and terminology in oil and gas
- Implement floating prices and hedging techniques
- Understand the process of using the paper derivative markets
- Understand what drives the Brent Futures Price
- Understand crude oil refining, negotiation, evaluation and selection
- Explore physical and derivative oil markets, storage, shipping and contracts and processes
- Appreciate pricing formation process, trading and price risk management
- Learn about futures, swaps, options and over- the-counter markets
- What options can become part of your trading portfolio?
- Participate in trading and hedging simulation exercises and improve negotiation skills
NOTE: For our customised events all you need to do is provide us with what you want to achieve or tell us about the training requirements of the group and we will agree on a date, venue and produce a course proposal for you along with the costs. Discounts may be applicable for group booking or early birds.